A wacky corporate culture, far left programming, some interesting shows, and some silly corporate policies/actions.
Companies that build their brand on woke slacktivism (symbolic woke asshattery), deserve a little dose of eye-rolls and mocking. I prefer to keep my business and religions separate.
Corporate Culture[edit source]
I've known a lot of people that worked there for a while. They're hyper-aggressive alphas that say they have no politics, bureaucracy, or bullshit: just performance. And if you're below the top 5%, goodbye Felicia (you're gonna get fired). It's oxymoronic. You can't have aggressive stack ranking and NOT have people backstab or try to trip each other up, or NOT help others.All companies have good teams and bad teams. While working there, they're all fanboys (or they're out). But I've talked to dozens after they left: and while they had some good experiences or friend, few have good things to say about the culture long term. I don't begrudge them that. But if you want things like work-life balance, longevity, institutional memory, or team members that aren't stressed and looking over their shoulders? Look somewhere else.
Woke[edit | edit source]
- In the continuing war on language and common sense, Netflix has announced that they're so woke that they banned the term, "Chick Flick", because feminism or some such bullshit. 
- Because North Carolina passed a common sense law that said no dicks in the girls bathrooms (unless someone has gone and got their gender changed at the DMV), Netflix decided to go woke-slacktivist and boycotted the state... while still doing business with far worse abusers (Middle East, China, etc). I don't care what side of the issue you're on, just leave reasonable people room to disagree. Sanctimonious and hypocritical douche (boycott) looks bad on everyone. 
- 2018 - Their political donations were $190,592 (D) versus $1,350 (R). While they are in the Bay Area, that's not what intellectual diversity looks like. Facebook and Google are less biased. 
- Benghazi Bullshitter - Susan Rice, was named to Netflix Board of Directors. Reed Hastings said he was “delighted to welcome”, Barack Obama's aide who blamed the murders of four Americans in Benghazi on an obscure YouTube video, knowing full well it had absolutely nothing to do with that. She also got involved in illegally spying and unmasking American citizens. The optics of the ASPCA putting Michael Vick on the board of directors. 
- Fat Payola - Netflix gives ammatures Barack and Michelle Obama $65 million in a multi-year propaganda production deal as thanks for undermining America for 8 years. 
- Netflix blames password sharing for it's losses (something that's been happening since they started). Raising prices, woke programming, lower content, more competition, bad UI, all offer better explanations. 
Shows[edit | edit source]
|Baking Impossible (2021)|
|Dave Chapelle:The Closer|
🔗 More[edit source]
- Chick Flick: 2019.04.18
- Boycott NC: 2019.01.11
- 141:1 Donations: 2018.10.28
- Benghazi Boardmember: 2018.03.29
- Obama Payola: 2018.05.21